College Student Discounts: Ways to Pay as Little as Half Price
College is expensive! Luckily there are many places where you can score a student discount. Students can get discounts on services, clothing, computers and more just by showing a student ID!
Save up to as much as half off, too! Here are 7 ways to effortlessly cut costs on college student expenses.
7 Ways to Get a Student Discounts
- The music streaming service Spotify offers students a discount of Spotify Premium!
- Enjoy unlimited, ad-free music for only $4.99 a month.
- Register for the discount here.
- P.S. As of 9/15/17, you can get Spotify Premium with a Hulu Subscription for only $4.99!
2. Apple Music
Are you an Apple user? Students (at qualifying schools) get an Apple Music membership for half off the regular price, for up to 4 years!
- The time does not need to be continuous.
- The current price is $4.99 per month for students.
- Apple is also offering a FREE three month trial!
3. Amazon Student
Amazon offers students a Prime membership for half the cost! Even better, new members can get a FREE 6 month trial!
- Students currently enrolled in a college or university who have a valid .edu e-mail address can join Amazon Student.
- During the trial you get the FREE 2 Day shipping, exclusive deals and promos and unlimited photo storage.
- After the trial period, the student membership yearly price is $49. A regular Prime membership is $99.
- Learn more about Amazon Student here.
4. Computers & Tech
- Thinking about buying a new computer? Windows offers special deals for students including 10% any order at the Microsoft Store and FREE Office 365 software.
- If a Mac is more your style check out the Apple Education and Discounts store.
- In 2015 there were savings of up to $200 for Macs, and up to $20 for iPads! Be on the lookout for possible back to school sales this year.
Stay on budget, learn something new and have some fun! Use your Student ID at at Museums to score nice discount on tickets and sometimes even at the gift shop.
6. Sam’s Club
If you like shopping in bulk, Sam’s Club is currently offering a free $25 egift card to students who join! To get this price all you will need to register and verify your student status with UNiDAYS.
A membership costs $45 or its like paying $20 after the gift card.
Next time you go shopping for clothing ask if they offer a student discount! Chances are that the store does offer one, and if they don’t no harm done.
Here are some clothing stores that offer a discount with a valid student (or teacher) ID:
- Alex and Ani: 10% off in-store only.
- ASOS: 10% off (sign up here)
- Banana Republic: 15% off (non-sale items) in-store only.
- Boohoo: 55% off (sign up here).
- Charlotte Russe: 15% off (sign up here).
- Club Monaco: 20% off (sign up here).
- Dockers: 20% off (must register).
- Forever 21: 10% off (no exchanges or returns on discounted items), get it here.
- Goodwill: 10% off – can vary by store.
- J.Crew: 15% off (sign up here)
- Levi’s: 25% off (must register)
- Medelita: 15% off (Student Discount Program online).
- Madewell: 15% off in-store only.
- TOMS: 10% off and 10% cash back, get it here.
- Topshop: 10% off (sign up here).
What’s your favorite way to save with student discounts?