Finding scholarships for women that work for you can be tough.
Sure, there’s plenty of websites that list HUNDREDS of available scholarships for women and quick applications. But…
- Are they legit?
- Are they geared towards you and your needs?
- Are the deadlines updated?
I decided to make this post because those sites have sooo many options of scholarships for women, that it can just be overwhelming!
Ultimately less helpful and more time consuming than it should be.
Which is why:
I organized and compiled all of the most relevant scholarships for women, for YOU!
This article contains scholarships that have submission deadlines for Fall 2018 – Summer 2019.
Some can even be reapplied to each term! So you may see some that I labeled as, “Deadlines Vary”.
Many application essays can seem a bit repetitive.
So, my tip:
In order to avoid writing the same thing over and over again, you can always save your essay draft and change it to fit into your next scholarship applications theme. It’ll save you time and it’s just one less hassle out of the way.
Don’t be afraid to ask for help when applying for scholarships! If you are struggling with a certain topic on your application go see your student advisor, financial aid advisor, a professor or even your fellow classmates.
They would all LOVE to help and see you take advantage of free money for school expenses.
Alrighty, now let’s get down to business –
- Also Read: How to Pay for College on Your Own
College Scholarships for Women
- “Hit the Books” Scholarship– up to $500 (Deadline August 25th)
- Student Transportation Contest– $500 (Deadline August 31st)
- Clubs of America Scholarship Award– $1,000 (Deadline August 31st)
- Don’t Text and Drive Scholarship– $1,000 (Deadline September 30th)
- Helene M. Overly Memorial Graduate Scholarship– $3,500 (Deadline September 30th)
- Girls Inc. National Scholarship– $20,000 (Deadline October 28th)
- Coca-Cola Scholars Program– $20,000 (Deadline October 31st)
- Girls Who Illustrate Awesomeness Scholarship – $750 (Deadline October 28th)
- Out to Protect Scholarship– $1,000 (Deadline October 31st)
- American Bullion Scholarship– $1,000 (Deadline October 31st)
- Ivey Engineering– $1,000 (Deadline November 31st)
- AAUW Educational Foundation International Fellowships– $30,000 (Deadline November 15th)
- Geri Wolff Scholarship for Women in Computer Science or Design– $3,000 (Deadline November 30th)
- CSUB Bob Black Memorial Scholarship– Amount Varies (Deadline November 30th)
- Women in Science Environmental Scholarship– $500 (Deadline December 1st)
- Chuan Ai Lu Engstrom Memorial Scholarship– $1,000 (Deadline December 1st)
- Look twice, Save a Life Scholarship Contest- $1,000 (Deadline December 1st)
- AMWA Young Women in Science Award– $250 (Deadline December 15th)
- SDMS Foundation Sonography Scholarship– $2,500 (Deadline December 30th)
- Center for Women In Technology (CWIT) Scholars Program at UMBC– $22,000 (Deadline December 30th)
- One Earth Young Filmmakers Contest– Up to $1,000 (Deadline January 13th)
- Association of Women in Mathematics Essay Scholarship Contest– Amount Varies (January 31st)
- Judith Heavenrich Memorial Scholarship– Amount Varies (January 31st)
- Deanna Forbush Endowed Scholarship– $600 (Deadline February 28th)
- Karrlin Field Memorial Scholarship– $1,000 (Deadline Varies)
- ISC Foundation Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarship– $10,000 (Deadline March 1st)
- Create-a-Greeting Card Scholarship Contest– $10,000 (Deadline March 1st)
- Linly Heflin Scholarship – $20,000 (Deadline Jan. 10th)
- 1,000 Dreams Scholarship– $1,000 (Deadline Varies)
- AAUW Scholarship For Morris County Women– $3,000 (Deadline April 1st)
- AMWA Medical Education Scholarships– $500 (Deadline Varies)
- Ann and Peter Ziegler Scholarship– Amount Varies (Deadline Varies)
- Association of Women Contractors Scholarship-$2,000 (Deadline April 30th)
- AWMF and Loreen Arbus Foundation Focus on Disability Scholarship– $2,500 (Deadline May 1st)
- AFWM Ford Empowering America Scholarship– $3,000 (Deadline May 1st)
- ESA Foundation Scholarship– $3,000 (Deadline May 4th)
- Bobby Sox Scholarship– Amount Varies (Deadline May 5th)
- Arfora Undergraduate Scholarship for Women– $1,000 (Deadline May 10th)
- AAUW Reading Branch Graduate Scholarship– $2,000 (Deadline May 30th)
- Daughters of Union Veterans Civil War Scholarship– $250 (Deadline June 1st)
- M. Hildred Blewett Fellowship– $45,000 (Deadline June 1st)
- ACF Rae Lee Siporin Scholarship for Women– Amount Varies (Deadline June 7th)
- HomeKitchenary Student Scholarship– $1,000 (Deadline June 30th)
- Gals Go Fish Scholarship– $500 (Deadline July 15th)
- ABC Humane Wildlife Control & Prevention, Inc. Academic Scholarship– $1,000 (Deadline July 1st)
- AAUW Lew Williams Scholarship and Leila Sulkes Scholarship– $2,000 (Deadline July 31st)
- Distinguished Young Women Scholarship– Amount Varies (Deadline Varies)
- FWSF Scholarship– $10,000 (Deadline Varies)
- Helga Henry Scholarship- $2,500 (Deadline Varies)
- Jane M Klausman Women in Business Scholarship– $7,000 (Deadline Varies)
Hopefully you found a scholarship or two from this list that is useful to you!
Be sure to apply for AS MANY as you can! Just make sure you keep track of deadlines.
And speaking of deadlines….
I’ve got some free printable worksheets you can use to keep track of all the scholarships you apply to.
Are there any awesome scholarships that I left out?!
Leave a comment so that I can add them to the list!