Charming Disney Grad Cap Ideas You Can Easily Copy
Graduating is an important milestone for every student, and it’s a great opportunity to express yourself with a personalized graduation cap design. The Disney universe has always been a source of joy, enchantment, and motivation in the lives of countless fans around the globe. So why not add a little Disney magic to your graduation celebration?
If you’re looking for fun and creative graduation cap decorations inspired by Disney theme parks, movie characters, and timeless quotes – you’ve come to the right place! From Mickey Mouse to Mulan and The Emperor’s New Groove, you’ll find the perfect decorating idea to let your creativity shine and make this achievement all the more memorable.
Here are 50 amazing Disney graduation cap ideas that will get your creative juices flowing. Grab your glue gun and get ready to explore all the wonderful possibilities!
Disney Graduation Cap Ideas
1. Aristocats-inspired: Because everybody wants to be a cat! This hand painted cap takes me right back to childhood, back when the movie was only available on VHS. If you love kittens and Disney, this design has the best of both worlds.
2. Brother Bear-inspired: Though not as well known than other Disney films, Brother Bear hits all kinds of emotional chords. There are so many fabulous musical scores in this movie. However, the song this grad cap is based on couldn’t be more perfect for the occasion –
🎶Tell everybody, I’m on my way
New friends and new places to see With blue skies ahead, yes I’m on my way And there’s nowhere else that I’d rather be 🎶
3. Tinker Bell-inspired: From VHS tapes to early 2000’s DVDs, and the Disney Channel, Tinker Bell has made appearances in Disney intro credits for decades. This decoration idea is instantly recognizable and an iconic way to add a dash of magic to your graduation cap. ✨
Before writing this post I had no idea that the exact specifics of Tinker Bell intro scenes are sooo debated haha. Many claim it’s an example of the Mandela Effect. Does the clip below hold up to what you remember of these intro scenes?? (I’m dying to know)
4. Peter Pan-inspired: Peter Pan is the one who said it – all you need is faith, trust, and a little pixie dust – but he can step aside, because Tinker Bell is the star of this design. She is the source of that pixie dust, afterall.
From the color choice to the matching Mickey Mouse ears headband, I adore everything about this Disney grad cap!
5. If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It: I don’t know about you, but looking at this graduation cap gave me an immediate rush of Disney Channel nostalgia. And it goes to show how easy it is to make a unique design by mixing and matching your Disney favorites.
This particular quote is often attributed to Walt Disney, albeit the true origins are a little more mysterious. It’s a fascinating historical head-scratcher if you have time to delve down a rabbit hole.
6. Rhinestone Mickey Mouse: This simple and sweet Mickey Mouse silhouette is one of my favorite Disney graduation cap decorations. No matter whether you’re graduating from college or high school, understated elegance is such a good look! Not to mention the concept is easy to copy, especially if you’re looking for a last minute idea.
7. Floral Mickey Mouse: There’s more than one way to recreate the Mickey Mouse logo for a beautiful graduation cap design. Between flowers, bedazzle gems, and a bow, there’s a lot to love about this mortarboard idea.
8. Dreams Do Come True: And you’re living proof! Show everyone how proud you are of turning your dreams into a reality with this spectacular design. The roses perfectly compliment the red graduation robes and using a Disney font for the words is an extra nice touch.
9. A Grand Adventure Is About To Begin: No truer words have been spoken on graduation day. The whole world is your oyster and you get to decide how your story unfolds. Winnie the Pooh quotes make for some of the best Disney graduation caps.
10. Winnie The Pooh-inspired: The tales of Winnie the Pooh and his beloved friends are near and dear to the hearts of so many. I’m obsessed with this super cute grad cap featuring Piglet and Pooh! The whole design comes together in the most aesthetically pleasing way.
11. Stay As Sweet As Honey: Doesn’t Pooh Bear look extra adorable in this design?? The quote reads, “Will you do me a small favor? Don’t forget to grow up and live happily ever after. Oh! And stay as sweet as honey.” Winnie the Pooh quotes sure are old Disney at it’s best. ♥
12. And All Our Wishes Will Come True: This particular Disney graduation quote was part of the theme song for the Wishes firework event at the Magic Kingdom theme park. While the song has since been replaced, the sentiment is a timeless choice for a graduation cap.
13. Fantasmic!-inspired: Speaking of Disney parks, here’s another idea inspired by an unforgettable nighttime spectacular! The 30-year running show at Disneyland culminates with Mickey Mouse saying, “some imagination, huh?”
14. Mushu-inspired: The path to getting your college degree can feel like it takes a lifetime and by the end of it, you’re just glad to have made it out the other end alive. This grad nailed it with a funny design referencing everyone’s favorite red dragon sidekick!
15. Mulan-inspired: Disney has given us a myriad of princesses over the years, but Mulan has always stood out as a crowd favorite. Making it to graduation day takes passion, purpose, process, and perseverance. These skills you’ve honed will take you far in life and that’s worth commemorating. Think of your graduation cap decoration as an opportunity to celebrate you and your values!
16. No Dishonor On This Family: Or your cow! Show everyone how proud you are of upholding the family honor with this humorous graduation cap design. You can’t go wrong with cherry blossoms on a light blue base, it’s such a pretty combination. I found a similar design with the same quote on Etsy
17. The Flower That Blooms in Adversity: If you want a powerful quote that honors the path it took you to get to graduation day, this one from Mulan is hard to beat. The 3D paper flowers make for a uniquely, lovely design.
18. My Little Baby Off To Destroy Save People: What can I say? Mushu quotes slap, he’s a highly quotable character and an endless source of Disney grad cap ideas. This cap is a great example of how you can alter a quote to fit your new career – in this case, nursing!
19. Let’s Get Down to Business: To defeat the LOANS. Can you hear the beat of the song in your head? I know I can!
Alright, alright this is the last Mulan graduation cap idea on this list. There are just so many good ones. Plus, you can’t deny how awesome this grad cap design is for students graduating college with a business degree.
20. Pocahontas-inspired: Follow your spirit and as Grandmother Willow sang, listen to your heart. “She goes wherever the wind takes her,” is a wonderful quote to pay homage to Pocahontas and your life path moving forward after graduation.
21. She Goes Where The Wind Takes Her: I had a hard time deciding which of these two graduation cap designs to include in this post, so you get double the inspiration for this quote! Can you blame me when they’re both so lovely? Pocahontas has an amazing soundtrack, I can’t help but think of Colors Of The Wind when looking at these DIY graduation hats.
22. The Emperor’s New Groove-inspired: If jokes are your style, The Emperor’s New Groove is a go-to Disney flick for grad cap inspiration. Make a splash at your graduation ceremony with a reference to an unforgettable scene with Kronk and the poison. The poison for Kuzco. Kuzco’s poison. Did you read it in his voice? (I did)
23. My Grad Self: If you adore The Emperor’s New Groove and a good play on words, you’d be hard pressed to find a more fitting line for graduation day. Disney graduation cap toppers with glitter and personality are always a big win!
24. Lion King-inspired: Hakuna Matata, what a wonderful phrase! It means no worries for the rest of your days. This cap idea is an oldie, but an always goodie. Rep that problem-free philosophy with your own take on this design!
Crafting the perfect DIY graduation cap depends a lot on having the right tools. 🛠 That’s why I’ve compiled a list with exactly what materials to use to decorate your graduation cap – so you can achieve the results you want the first time around. Quickly find the materials you need right here and start your design off on the right foot!
25. COCO-inspired: When it comes to graduation cap ideas Disney has endless creative sources you can pull from. Don’t overlook the newer films, like COCO! I love how the colors really pop on this cap.
26. Encanto-inspired: Speaking of eye-catching grad cap decorations, check out this one! Mirabel from Encanto embodies bravery and courage, and most of all she believes in herself. So in short, she’s a perfect source of inspiration for capturing your feelings of optimism on graduation day.
27. Lilo & Stitch-inspired: Whether you’re looking for a quote that will make your cap stand out or just want to share a heartfelt shout out to your family, it doesn’t get much sweeter than this. Not everyone’s family can afford to pay for college, but when they can it really means to the world to a college student. You can feel the love radiating from this Lilo & Stitch themed Disney grad cap idea.
28. BYEE: This fun grad cap design is like waving goodbye to all your time in school (or maybe just the past year) with a little help from Stitch. I definitely read it in his voice in my head lol. I’m obsessed with this cap topper, it’s super cool!
29. Have Faith In Your Dreams: And someday your rainbow will come smiling through 🎶 When in doubt, an inspirational quote from Sleeping Beauty and rhinestones are all you need to transform your cap from meh to magical. A big bow that matches your graduation day outfit is a bonus!
30. Sleeping Beauty-inspired: Between classes, assignments, and trying to maintain a social life, I think we can all relate to how exhausting school can be. Go all out by picking a Disney graduation cap idea that shows off how excited you are to be done so you can catch up on those Z’s.
31. Tangled-inspired: There’s nothing like a good quote from Rapunzel in Tangled to celebrate your big day! Optimism is an attitude to adopt for life and this beautiful Disney grad cap idea rocks it.
32. Princess and the Frog-inspired: You just can feel the energy behind this The Princess and the Frog graduation quote! Decorate your graduation cap to express your excitement for the future. Let it be known, you’re an unstoppable force and you can do anything you set your mind to. Tiana is the ideal Disney princess for conveying that on top of the world feeling.
33. Almost There: This idea is downright perfect for fans of The Princess and the Frog and glitter. Graduation – check. Next stop – success! The song this design is referring to will never not be a source of endless inspiration.
34. Lottie-inspired: And who could forget Tiana’s flamboyant bestie, Lottie? This quote is a great pick for showing off your sense of humor and silly side at your graduation ceremony. It’s all too relatable that getting your college degree can feel like a far off dream until you finally have the diploma in your hand.
35. To Infinity And Beyond: This Buzz Lightyear quote is probably the most iconic Disney/Pixar quote of all time. I’m all about this idea, it’s fun and everyone will instantly get it!
36. Toy Story-inspired: Graduation caps offer a unique opportunity to showcase your love of the magical world of Disney with a one-of-a-kind look. I love the approach this graduate took to incorporate Toy Story into her grad cap design. Adding pop-up elements is a super cool idea for adding some dimension to your mortarboard decoration.
37. The Diplommaaa: You have been chosen. Say farewell to your friends as you go on to a better place. Gotta love the humor in this Disney graduation cap!
38. Disney Besties: Here’s a cute idea for graduating best friends. Though the quotes are from different movies, the matching blue theme really ties it together. Best friends who graduate together stay together; make decorating your grad cap a fun activity to enjoy with good company!
39. Finding Nemo-inspired: As far as Disney graduation cap designs go, this idea has a special place in my heart. The way these decorations play off each other is sublime. Exit buddies for life is a super sweet sentiment to share with your best friend as you graduate from high school and/or college.
40. Exit Buddies: Here’s another super cute take on the same idea. Because when your exit from school is comin’ up you gotta get ready and grab your exit buddy! You gotta love a when best friends rock matching grad caps.
41. Finding Dory-inspired: Adorable and funny?? I don’t think Disney grad caps get much better than this!
42. And She Graduated Happily Ever After: Never forget that you’re the hero (or princess) of your own story. Celebrate your accomplishments and pull out all the stops with your graduation cap decoration. Pearls, a pink big bow, the Cinderella Castle, and a crown? Yes please!
43. And She Graduated Happily Ever After 2.0: Déjà vu, the same cap idea but make it PURPLE! Because purple isn’t a favorite color, it’s a way of life. I’m not convinced anyone really reads what I write for posts like this. (It’s all about the images, I know) But I’m open to being proven wrong. Drop a comment at the end of this post if you read this.
44. Meet the Robinsons-inspired: I haven’t thought about this movie in such a long time, but I remember loving it. Especially the part with a T-rex. Keep moving forward with curiosity is the perfect motto to decorate your graduation cap with and words to live by.
45. Goofy Movie-inspired: If you’ve never seen A Goofy Movie, do yourself a favor and go watch it now. Divisive as a character as Goofy himself (he’s like the Jar Jar Binks of the Disney universe) may be, the film is an undeniably heartwarming tale of a father and teenage son. Big props to this graduate for a truly stand out graduation cap design!
46. Ratatouille-inspired: Only the fearless can be great, it’s true! Taking risks and not being afraid of trying new things or failure is how you discover your potential and make your dreams a reality. Graduating is proof that you did it, you risked it for the biscuit and it paid off in the most satisfying way.
47. UP-inspired: Talk about a movie that pulls on your heart-strings. 🥺 The onward and upward meaning is unmistakable. I really adore how the balloons lifting the house are made out of flowers on this grad cap.
48. There’s A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow: A favorite quote in a pretty script font always makes for a solid Disney graduation cap idea. The optimism of the Walt Disney quote here is just so darn infectious.
49. Big Hero 6-inspired: Fans of Big Hero 6 will recognize this loveable character right way – Baymax! Show off your Disney side and get excited about your new career with this fun play on words.
50. Hercules-inspired: Not only can you go the distance, but you did go the distance. This last Disney cap design embraces and celebrates that deep feeling of achievement. Not to mention, gold and light blue are a simply beautiful color combination.
Disney Graduation Ears
Disney graduation ears are the perfect addition for senior pictures, your graduation ceremony, and your graduation trip (or when you next visit a Disney park). In addition to the official Disney graduation ears, I rounded up some fantastic custom Disney graduation ear headbands which are unique from what you see at the theme parks.
Let’s check ’em out!
The Official Mickey Mouse Graduation Ears 2023
The official Disney graduation ears are out now for the class of 2023. They tend to sell out each year, so get a pair while you can! You can find these Mickey Mouse Graduation Ear Headbands inside Disney theme parks or you can order them online here. I think they make great keepsakes for graduates to commemorate this milestone in life.
The Official Mickey Mouse Graduation Hat
Now if you don’t want to DIY your graduation cap decoration, but still want something Disney themed look no further. The Official Mickey Mouse Graduation Hat 2023 is topped with plush Mickey ears and based on a traditional mortar board. It’s hard not to smile just imagining yourself walking across the stage to get your diploma wearing this fun hat.
Sequin Graduation Mickey Ears
Now: If SPARKLE is more your style, these wonderful sequin graduation mouse ears do not disappoint! Choose between 7 color options for the ears and the bow, in addition to the accent color for the grad cap numbers and tassel.
Embroidered Disney Graduation Ears
Next up we have these awesome embroidered Disney graduation ears. Available with a red or blue holographic glitter graduation cap, you can personalize these ears with your graduating year and name. The overall quality is top-notch too.
Graduated Happily Ever Mouse Ears
Lightweight and simply gorgeous, how cool are these 3D printed graduation Mickey Mouse ears?! The design is truly unique and you’re sure to stand out from the crowd while rocking this headband. Definitely take a peek at the other custom ears in this shop, they have some really darling options!
Big Bow Graduation Mickey Mouse Ears
Big moments deserve big bows – make a statement with these Disney graduation ears! They’re the cutest accessory and the best part is you can customize them with practically any color your heart desires.
Disney Quotes for Graduation Caps
Graduation is a time for celebration and reflection. And what better way to commemorate this special event than with a good Disney quote? From classic movies like The Lion King and Aladdin to more recent ones such as Moana and Frozen, Disney has a quote for every occasion.
Below are 5 of our favorite Disney quotes for graduation caps. Let these fun and inspirational Disney quotes be your guide as you start the next chapter in life!
Final thoughts on graduation cap ideas Disney inspired
So that wraps up this post on Disney graduation cap ideas. We covered everything from Mickey Mouse ears to favorite movie quotes, popular characters, and inside jokes. I hope this has helped you find the right inspiration to make your graduation day even more special as you take the next step in life!
Which graduation cap designs are calling out to you? What’s your all time favorite Disney quote and movie? Share your thoughts with us by dropping a comment below!
- The Best Disney Graduation Gifts They’ll Never Forget!
- 61 of the Best Spongebob Graduation Caps We Found Online
- 36 Absolutely Gorgeous Cap Decorations for Graduating Moms