Simple Grad Cap Ideas You’ll Want To Steal
Graduation can really sneak up on you. Which is strange, because it’s what most students have been looking forward since the first day of classes.
But when you have a bad case of senioritis…
The end of the school year passes by in a blur. Suddenly, tomorrow is the day you walk across that stage. And it finally clicks that you still haven’t decorated your grad cap.
Or maybe you simply procrastinated. That’s what got you through your high school and college career, so why would you stop now?
Whatever your reasons are for waiting until the eleventh hour:
The last minute graduation cap ideas in this post are here to help you out.
30 Last Minute Graduation Cap Ideas
1. Embrace dry humor
This quote on this cap is a little too accurate for my liking.
2. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
“Grad cap is done. y’all gonna miss my ticket revenue next year.”
Take notes, this is resourcefulness at it’s finest.
3. A quote from IASIP always hits the spot
Now someone’s asking the important questions.
4. The more obscure the reference, the better
I love Nacho Libre, but this is the first time I’ve come across this quote. It’s brilliant.
5. Wrap it before it’s a wrap
Wanna have the most couture cap on campus?
All it takes is a little bit of ribbon and a flower. And viola – you have a last minute grad cap idea with true class!
6. Just put a pie on it
Not only is it your graduation cap decoration, but it’s also the perfect post-commencement snack.
7. Irony is your friend
I kinda like that it’s not grammatically correct. It really has those done at the last minute vibes we’re aiming for here.
8. Show off what this has all been about
“Four years ago I switched my major to graphic design. Tomorrow I’ll finally be crossing the stage, and I decided last minute that I wanted to make a graduation cap for myself.”
Who needs Photoshop when you have Microsoft Paint, am I right?
9. Sometimes a tweet says it best
As Cher once said…”what’s going on with my career”. Iconic.
10. Less can be more
Nothing says “I’m done” like a short & sweet message. Get crafty with the paints while you’re at it.
11. Keep it real
“Last minute idea for my graduation cap.”
Because being able to laugh at yourself is the only way to get through it all.
12. Spongebob is honestly a goldmine for ideas
TBH the older I get, the more I identify with Squidward.
Crafting the perfect DIY graduation cap depends a lot on having the right tools. 🛠 That’s why I’ve compiled a list with exactly what materials to use to decorate your graduation cap – so you can achieve the results you want the first time around. Quickly find the materials you need right here and start your design off on the right foot!
13. Do whatever you want, because that’s what adults do
That’ll show your mom.
14. Thank the important people in your life
Never forget, it’s the thought that counts. You know it comes from the heart because it’s hand drawn.
15. Feature your role model
Throw together a collage of your favorite icon. It’s a great way decorate your cap at the last minute.
16. Bring attention to your impending fate
Buckle up, because post-grad life is a bumpy ride.
17. Hide your anxiety behind a smokescreen of humor
No doubt, no doubt, no doubt.
18. Even notebook paper will work in a pinch
Last minute like everything else grad cap
There’s nothing more motivating than an 11:59 deadline.
19. Throw it back to noteworthy influencer drama
I don’t know if James Charles is ever gonna live this one down…
20. Think of your cap as billboard
Like this last minute grad cap idea?
Here are the instructions for how to copy it (including the printable letters).
21. Humble brags are acceptable
You can always count on Trailer Boys for grade A content.
22. Share what’s on your mind
The million dollar question…
23. Find inspiration in your inspiration
I don’t think you could find a more timely Taylor Swift quote if you tried.
24. Let your inner prankster shine
“Like everything else I do, last minute decorating.”
25. Wear your heart on your sleeve cap
“Pretty satisfied for decorating my cap last minute.”
Don’t underestimate the power of puns. They will serve you well, at your graduation ceremony and beyond.
26. When in doubt, use a crying celebrity
Using crying Kim’s face as your cap decoration is almost like stealing candy from a baby. But it is a guaranteed win.
27. Situational humor is appropriate
It’s more than appropriate, encouraged really. This is where being a fan of Arrested Development pays off.
28. Give your sponsor a shoutout
A friend in need is a friend indeed. Coffee won’t let you down.
29. Throw a bone to your favorite podcast
I’m sure this is an inside joke I don’t fully get. Who needs those large-sized podcasts anyway.
30. Don’t hold back your feelings
You’re probably never going to see most of these people again anyway. Let your freak flag fly, you’re free now.
Final thoughts on quick & simple graduation cap ideas
This concludes the list of simple grad cap ideas. Hopefully you found one that you can pull off at the last second.
Leave a comment to let me know how you ended up decorating your hat!
- 25 clever yet easy grad cap ideas that are anything but lame
- The best last minute halloween costumes for guys
- 35 mom graduation cap ideas to inspire your own design
Pin it for later 📌: