May Scholarships: Don’t These 67+ Deadlines Pass You By!
May College Scholarships to Apply for in 2020
Tons of May scholarships to apply for!
May is almost upon us and that means it’s time to start looking for scholarships with May deadlines.
Finding money to pay for college requires dedicating a good chunk of your time to just sorting through scholarships and grants. Many of those which are listed on aggregate websites that are no longer available or the due date is off.
To say the least, it’s a frustrating part of hunting for scholarships!
Because I know your time and efforts are better spent on actually working on the applications, I put together this list of May scholarships.
I checked each and every link to make sure that the scholarships are still available and that the deadlines are accurate for 2020.
Hopefully, this helps save some of your precious time!
Included are scholarships for women, minorities, undergraduate & graduate studies, and high school students. Plus, there are college funds that take applications from any and all types of students.
Available Scholarships in May 2020
You’ll notice on this list of May scholarships that some are marked with letters and colors. This is to indicate that the respective contests have specific eligibility requirements.
The purpose of this is to help you be able to more quickly sort through which ones you can apply for.
*HS = High School/entering 1st year of post-secondary education applicants only
*UG = can be used for Undergraduate study only
*G = can be used for Graduate study only
*W = Women applicants only
*M = Minority applicants only
*State abbreviations included in brackets indicate a scholarship is only available to certain residents or those who are attending college in the specified state.
Scholarships Due in Early May
Deadline May 1, 2020:
- Trial Pro, P.A. $5000 Annual Scholarship Award – $5,000
- The RISE Financial Progress Scholarship – $3,000 (open until 1,000 applications have been submitted)
- Carrington-Philbert Scholarship – $2500 (M, HS)
- Family Fellowship Program (foster care youth) – $90,000
- Federal Resources Warrior’s Legacy Scholarship Fund (first responder or military parent) – $5,000
- Horch Roofing Trade School Scholarship [ME] – $1,000 (HS)
- The 2020 Brady Cobin Law Scholarship Essay Contest – up to $2,500
- Lawrence “Bud” Ohlman Memorial Scholarship (Floriculture or Horticulture) – $4,000
- Milton Fisher Scholarship for Innovation and Creativity [CT or NY] – $20,000 (HS)
- Page Grant [MN] – $2,500 (M)
- Dr. Harold Kerzner Scholarship Fund (Project Management or related fields) – $7,500
- Robert J. Yourzak Scholarship Fund (Project Management or related fields) – $2,000
- Sertoma Hard of Hearing or Deaf Scholarship (must have hearing loss) – $1,000 (UG)
- Kevin Riordan Presidential Scholarship (criminal justice) [ME] – $500
- The Melissa Stoneberger Scholarship – $5,000
- Brower Youth Award – $3,000 (Ages 13 -22)
- IEI Bi-Annual Scholarship Essay Contest – $1,000 (HS, UG)
- WOCN Foundation Scholarship Program – Amount Varies
Deadline May 3, 2020:
- ChiroHealthUSA Foxworth Family Scholarship (Chiropractic) – $15,000
- “You are the Future” Financial Plus CU Scholarship [MI] – $1,000
Deadline May 4, 2020:
Deadline May 5, 2020:
- Dymond Shantyl Dantzler Legacy Scholarship [MD] – $1,000 (W, HS)
Deadline May 6, 2020:
- Against the Grain Artistic Scholarship – $1,000 (M)
- Against The Grain Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship – $1,500 (M)
- Lily Pabilona Emerging Entrepreneur Scholarship (must own small business) – $5,000 (M)
- #LiveLikeLyly Memorial Scholarship (fashion or graphic design) – $1,000 (M)
Deadline May 10, 2020:
- Dr. James L. Hutchinson and Evelyn Ribbs Hutchinson Medical School Scholarship [CA] – $2,000
- Detroit Speaks, Inc. – Dream Big Scholarship [MI] – $1,000 (HS)
- Mitchell/Tufts Scholarship (Presbyterian) [TX] – $5,000
- Road to Safety Scholarship – $1,000 (HS)
Deadline May 11, 2020:
- ARC Jane Delano Student Nurse Scholarship – $3,000
- Women in Defense Michigan – STEM Scholarship [MI] – $2,500 (W, HS)
- Novi Money $1,000 Scholarship – $1,000 (UG, G)
Deadline May 13, 2020:
- Hsiao Memorial Economics Scholarship (social sciences) – $1,000 (G, M)
Mid-May College Scholarship Deadlines
Deadline May 15, 2020:
- Eye Bank Young Ambassador Scholarship in Memory of Christopher Nordquist [NY] – $3,000
- Ida Foreman Fleisher Scholarship [NJ or DE] – $8,000 (W, G)
- Keisha Bodden Scholarship [FL] – $500 (HS)
- Phoenix Pride Scholarship [AZ] – $5,000
- The Laurels Fund (accounting) – $5,000 (G, W)
- Umps Care All-Star College Scholarship (must be adopted) – $10,000 (HS)
- Wilmington Women in Business Fresh Start Scholarship [DE] – Varies (W, UG)
- FEP Memorial Foundation (education) – $500 (HS, UG)
- Law Firm Marketing Scholarship – $1,000 (HS)
Deadline May 17, 2020:
- Bethesda Auxiliary Seminarian/Graduate Scholarship (Lutheran) – $3,000 (G)
- Bethesda Auxiliary Under Grad Scholarship (Lutheran) – $3,000 (UG)
- Nebraska Logistics Council Scholarship [NE] – $500 (HS)
Deadline May 18, 2020:
- Angels Wings Thai Scholarship – $10,00 (M, HS)
- Pedro Zamora Young Leaders Scholarship (HIV/AIDS activism) – $5,000
Scholarship with End of May Deadlines
Deadline May 20, 2020:
- Genita Evangelista Johnson Endowed Scholarship (healthcare) [LA, CA] – $2,500 (M, W, HS)
- Innovation Education Scholarship – $500
Deadline May 22, 2020:
- Women’s Metropolitan Golf (WMGA) Scholarship [NY] – Amount Varies (W)
Deadline May 24, 2020:
- Deblinger Family Scholarship (single mothers) [CA] – $10,000 (W)
- Oregon Space Grant Consortium Scholarship and Fellowship Program (STEM) [OR] – $5,000 (UG)
- Jesse B. Smith Memorial Scholarship [FL] – $1,000
- El Cafe Del Futuro Scholarship Essay Contest (attend a HACU-member college or university) – $5,000 (M, UG, G)
- Oracle STEM Scholarship (attend a HACU-member college or university) – $2,125 (UG)
- Miller Lite Brewed to be Bright Scholarship [attend a HACU-member college or university in CA, CO, FL, IL, NY, TX or WI] – $2,500 (UG, G)
- Coors Light Climb On Scholarship – $2,500 (UG, G)
- Kia Motors America Scholarship (attend a HACU-member college or university) – $3,400 (G)
- The Hubbard Scholarship (library science) – $3,000 (G)
- The Beard Scholarship (library science) – $1,500 (G)
Deadline May 30, 2020:
- Scott-McKenna Memorial Scholarship (Natural Resources, Forestry, Rangeland Ecology, Wildlife Biology, Agriculture, Photography, Journalism majors or related fields) – $2,000
Deadline May 31, 2020:
- The Grand Plan Scholarship – $1,000
- Give me Liberty Easy Scholarship – $1,000
- American Indian College Fund Full Circle Scholarship – Varies (M)
- Beat the Odds Scholarship Program [NYC] – $10,000 (HS)
- Betty Stevens-Frecknall Scholarship (IT) – Varies (UG)
- Cameron Sanders Scholarship – $1,000 (MA, HS)
- Golden State Nursing Foundation Scholarships – $1,500 (UG, G)
- Larry F. Ball Memorial Scholarship [OH] – $4,000 (W)
- MassMutual Greater Hudson Scholarship Award [NY or NJ] – $4,000 (HS)
- NAAMLP Land Reclamation Scholarship – $2,500
- SILA Post Secondary College Scholarship – $2,500 (G)
- Lawrence “Uncle Bo” Campos Scholarship Fund [HI] – $1,000 (HS)
- Leon Bradley Scholarship (teaching) – $2,500 (M)
- Tom Olen Memorial Fund Scholarship (must be affected by cancer) – $5,000 (UG)
- AED Superstore $1000 College Scholarship – $1,000
Got a May Scholarship or two that you want added to this list?
Leave me a comment below!
More college scholarships you may be interested in:
- 53 June Scholarships for 2020
- Apply for these 60 no essay scholarships on your phone!
- Women’s scholarships: 85+ available this year
- 18+ Easy to apply for scholarships