*This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Scholarships for high school seniors are great because it’s best to get a head start on funding a college education!
Sometimes, applying to scholarships for high school seniors can feel like a competition. There can be a second or third place, but it’s usually winner takes all.
By applying to scholarships before you’re a college student, you get an advantage in the scholarship game!
Filling out over fifty applications and not getting any instant gratification can seem completely underwhelming and boring. But trust me as a current college student myself, I can tell you that IT’S WORTH IT.
It’s free money!
Scholarships for High School Seniors
These days college has an estimated yearly cost of $25,290 for in-state public schools and $50,900 for private colleges.
Now that’s a lot of dough that, I for one, do not have lying around.
Whether a scholarship is worth $75 or $50,000 – every little bit helps!
So, don’t neglect to put in an application for a scholarship you qualify for just because it’s not worth as much as others. They’ll all add up in the end.
Another perk to starting on scholarship applications early:
You have a better shot at winning them!
There are a vast amount of scholarships for high school seniors available out there! There are so many are just floating around, and with very little entries.
You have a higher chance to score these scholarship awards!
In this post:
I condensed some of the many scholarships for high school seniors out there into a list.
This list will help save you some time! There’s no need to search all over since there are 21 scholarship opportunities right here.
These are scholarships for the 2019 school year and arranged by the deadline for application.
So get ready, set aside a good couple hours, and get to applying!
Please, please, please don’t forget to take advantage of FAFSA!
It’s a great way to find out if you qualify for free federal aid, and, if needed, it will help you to get a loan with very little interest (compared to other loans).
- Also Read: How to Pay For College on your Own
2019 Scholarships for High School Seniors
Early Winter 2019
- Debt.com Scholarship – $500 (Deadline Jan. 2nd)
- Countdown to College Scholarship – $500 – $1,000 (Deadline Jan. 4th)
- AAMI Foundation Scholarship – $3,000 (Deadline Jan. 7th)
- Citizens National Bank Scholarship- SELU – Amount Varies (Deadline Jan. 15th – flexible)
- California Association of Collectors Educational Scholarship Foundation – $1500 – $2,500 (Deadline Jan. 20th)
- ABPA Harrington-Arthur Memorial Scholarship – $1,000 (Deadline Jan. 31st)
- Dale Wolf Endowment Scholarship – $1,000 – $2,000 (Deadline Feb. 1st)
- AAHA Lou Manzione Scholarship – $1,000 (Deadline Feb. 1st)
- Era L. and Frances L. Walker Scholarship – Amount Varies (Deadline Feb. 1st)
- George M. Pullman Educational Foundation Scholarship – $10,000 per year (Deadline Feb. 1st)
- AEF Scholarship – $2,500 – $20,000 (Deadline Feb. 2nd)
- Corvias Foundation Scholarship for Children of Active-duty Service Members – $50,000 (Deadline Feb. 14th)
- Helen McLoraine Figure Skating Scholarship Program – $4,00 – $8,000 (Deadline February 14th)
- Shelby County, OH Scholarships – Varies (Deadline February 14th
- Robert Hunter Swadley Horticulture Scholarship – Varies up to Full Tuition (Deadline Feb. 15th)
- Margaret Howard Hamilton Scholarship – $1,000 for 4 years (Deadline Feb. 15th)
- Richard and Elizabeth Dean Scholarship -$5,000 for 4 years (Deadline Feb. 15th)
- George and Mary Josephine Hamman Foundation Scholarship – $20,000 (Deadline February 16th)
- Alpha Kappa Psi Scholarship – $20,000 (Deadline Feb. 18th)
- Brawerman Fellowship – $10,00 per year (Deadline Feb. 19th)
- The Vegetarian Resource Group College Scholarship – $5,000 – $10,000 (Deadline February 20th)
- Crain Educational Grants Program – $5,000 (Deadline February 20th)
- MathWorks Math Modeling (M3) Challenge – $20,000 – $33,000 (Register by February 22nd)
- Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation Scholars Program – $1,000 – $10,000 (Deadline February 22nd)
- American Atheists O’Hair Award – $2,000 (Deadline Feb. 26th)
- RMEL Scholarships – $1,000 – $3,000 (Deadline February 27th)
- (ISC)² Undergraduate Cybersecurity Scholarship – $5,000 (Deadline March 1st)
- Scholarships From Blue Grass Community Foundation, 21 Available [KY] – Amount Based on Need (Deadline March 15th)
- Indian Health Service Scholarships – Amount Varies (Deadline March 28th)
- James A. Hyter Vocal Music Scholarship – $2,000 (Deadline April 2nd)
- HonorsGradU Multimedia Scholarship – $1,000 (Deadline April 16th)
- 1,000 Dreams Scholarship – $1,000 (Deadline April 27th)
- AAC Culinary Scholarships for High School Seniors – $1,500 – $2,500 (Deadline April 30th)
- Charlie Corr Memorial Scholarship – $2,000 (Deadline May 1st)
- AFE Scholarships in Floriculture and Horticulture – $4,000 (Deadline May 1st)
- American Floral Endowment – $4,000 (Deadline May 1st)
- Powerline Prodigies Student Scholarship – $5,000 (Deadline May 1st)
- Against the Grain Artistic Scholarship – $1,000 (Deadline May 7th)
- “Species On The Edge 2.0” Social Media Contest – $1,000 (Deadline May 19th)
- Kathy Pace Technology Scholarship – $5,000 (Deadline May 31st)
- Walter J. Travis Memorial Scholarship – $1,000 (Deadline Jun 1st)
- ACF Andrew Piech Memorial Scholarship – $2,200 (Deadline June 7th)
- Akash Kuruvilla Memorial Scholarship Fund – $1,000 (Deadline June 29th)
- TSJCL Lourania Miller & Gareth Morgan Scholarships – $1,000 (Deadline June 29th)
- The VANROSS Foundation – $500 (Deadline June 30th)
- Recovery Village Health Care Scholarship – $1,000 (Deadline June 30th)
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund Scholarships – $3,100 (Deadline June 30th)
- The Mary Ware Scholarship – $5,000 (Deadline June 30th)
- Daniel A. Terry Scholarship – $1,000 (Deadline July 1st)
- American Legion Baseball Scholarship – up to $5,000 (Deadline July 15th)
- Edward T. Conroy Memorial Scholarship Program – Amount of Annual tuition & Mandatory fees (Deadline July 15th)
- Emerald Creek Capital Scholarship – $10,000 (Deadline July 15th)
- Break the Silence Against Domestic violence Scholarships – $1,000 (Deadline July 31st)
- MedEvac Foundation International Children’s Scholarship Fund – $5,000 (Deadline July 31st)
- Natural Resources-Excellence in Education – $10,000 (Deadline July 31st)
- Olivet College Gospel Talent Scholarship – $10,000 (Deadline Aug. 1st)
- Zonta Club of Madison Young Women in Public Affairs Award – $40,000 (Deadline Aug. 1st)
- Serena D. Dalton Scholarship – $1767 (Deadline Aug. 15th)
- Oliver Joel & Ellen Pell Denny Healthcare Scholarship – $3,000 (Deadline Aug. 15th)
- Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship – Full tuition + fees (Deadline Sept 13th)
- CIA Undergraduate Scholarship Program – $18,000 (Deadline Sept. 15th)
- Boise State WUE Award – $42,000 (Oct. 1st)
- Create Real Impact Scholarship – $1,500 (Deadline Oct. 1st)
- The Explorers Club Student Grants – $500 – $5,000 (Deadline Oct. 10th)
- Music Center Spotlight Program – $5,000 (Deadline Oct. 16th)
- Evans Scholarship for Caddies – Full tuition + housing (Deadline Oct. 30th)
- AAC Culinary Scholarships for High School Seniors – $1,500 – $2,500 (Deadline Oct. 31st)
- ENF Emergency Educational Grants – $4,000 (Deadline Oct. 31st)
- National Rice Month Scholarship Video Contest – $3,997 (Deadline Oct. 31st)
- 1,000 Dreams Scholarship – $1,000 (Deadline Nov. 1st)
- Drew King Legacy Scholarship – $1,000 (Deadline Nov. 1st)
- Prudential Spirit of Community Awards – $5,000 (Deadline Nov. 6th)
- Act Six Indianapolis Scholarship -$33,000 – $46,000 (Deadline Nov. 7th)
- Allegra Ford Thomas Scholarship – $2,500 (Deadline Nov. 12th)
- North American International Auto Show Poster Contest – $1,000 (Deadline Nov. 21st)
- Chick and Sophie Major Memorial Duck Calling Contest – $500 – $2,000 (Deadline Nov. 23rd)
Late Winter 2019
- FRA Americanism Essay Contest – $5,000 (Deadline Dec. 1st)
- Megan Meier Memorial Scholarship – $1,000 (Deadline Dec. 1st)
- PICMA Emerging Writers Competition – $5,000 (Deadline Dec. 1st)
- BMW of Freeport Biannual Scholarship – $500 (Deadline Dec. 1st)
- AQHF Youth Scholarship – $32,000 (Deadline Dec. 1st)
- SCAD Senior Challenge Poster Scholarship Competition – $7,000 (Deadline Dec. 15th)
- Carson Scholars Fund, Inc. – $1,000 (Deadline Dec. 20th)
- Reading Community Singers Scholarship – $1,000 (Deadline Dec. 31st)
- Apprentice Ecologist Open Space Initiative – $500 (Deadline Dec. 31st)
- Next Generation Teacher Scholarship – $30,000 (Deadline Dec. 31st)
I hope these help on your money for college quest! Have any other ideas for scholarship lists?
Let me know!